CHICAGO-KENT COLLEGE OF LAW, Chicago, IL 1985
- Juris Doctor, With High Honors.
- Recipient, American Jurisprudence Award in Personal Income Tax.
UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS, Chicago, IL 1981
- Bachelor of Arts, With High Distinction, Criminal Justice.
- Honors: Dean’s List, all semesters. James Scholar Recipient.
- Massachusetts, USDC-MA.
- Illinois and USDC-Northern Illinois.
Presentations & Publications
- Seminar Presenter, two seminars on VA Disability Benefits to Post-Mobilization Veteran Groups, at Yellow Ribbon Events in Quincy, MA February 2011 and in Burlington, MA March 2011.
- Seminar Presenter, two seminars on Malpractice Litigation to the National Association of Social Workers, at McLean Hospital, Belmont, MA, 1994 and 1995.
- Co-author, Medical Drug and Device Liability, presented by John D. Hayes, Esq. on April 11, 1986, at Medical Malpractice Seminar sponsored by the Oklahoma Bar Association.
- Co-author, Emotional Distress without Impact, presented by Joseph A. Power, Jr., Esq. at the Fourteenth Annual ITLA Convention, Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, 1986.
Private Practice, Wellesley, MA (2006-Present)
- Engaged in start up practice with a focus on representing Veterans before the V.A. and the Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims.
Greenberg Traurig LLP, Boston, MA (2002-2006)
- Represented businesses in complex civil and commercial cases involving contract, real property, trusts, and general business disputes, SEC investigations, white collar crime, construction and bankruptcy.
- Member of core team that spearheaded 2002 clergy abuse litigation involving over 500 representations in Massachusetts as well as representations in other states.
Private Practice & Consulting, Brookline, MA (1998-2001)
- Consulted to major biomedical corporation on medical device MDL and class action litigation.
- Practice included representations in medical malpractice, psychological malpractice, employment discrimination, and business disputes.
Spero & Jorgenson, Cambridge, MA (1995-1998)
- Litigated and tried complex and fact intensive psychological malpractice and personal injury cases.
Long, Racicot & Bourgeois, Boston, MA (1993-1995)
- Served as staff counsel to AIG on professional malpractice and insurance defense cases.
Illinois Experience Provided Upon Request